RE: Repost: Multiple Public Nic

To: "''lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' '" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "''dgrill@xxxxxxxxxx' '" <dgrill@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Repost: Multiple Public Nic
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:44:45 -0800
Claudio Di Martino replied to me off list and let me know that LVS can do
both LVS + RS.  How about that! :D

> > Sure it is.
>
> Are you sure?  I thought LVS couldn't be both a RS and an LVS?

I did it for test purpose a couple of years ago with two machines,
one acting as both the LVS and the first RS and the other as a back-up
LVS and the second RS. Once configured the lot it worked very well.

This is called the local node feature in the LVS Documentation,
see http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/LocalNode.html

Ciao!!!

Claudio