Re: internal/external network problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: internal/external network problems
From: Ian Millsom <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:05:48 +1100 (EST)

> > > http://www.linux-vs.org/Joseph.Mack/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO.html#filter_rules
> > >
> > I have done this, and it works without any rules/masq applied.. But the
> > issue that I see is what I said above.
> > Got any solutions for this?
>
> hmm,
>
> I don't know what's going on. You'll have to use tcpdump or phatcat from here.

As stated above, there were stale masq entries, so now we I re-apply any
changes, I make sure the module is removed, and then put back in. Thus
flushing all the masq connections.
This has fixed the problem and all is working fine.

> Do you know about icmp redirects? I don't know if they're your problem.

I read through all the documwentation etc, and tried everything in the one
network howto, it didnt solve it.
The stale masq entries just kept the port busy.

Though you might be interested in knowing

Ian