RE: will be away till 10 Jan

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: will be away till 10 Jan
From: laurie.baker@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:02:40 -0000
Enjoy it "mate"!

Laurie.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Mack [mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 December 2002 19:21
To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: will be away till 10 Jan

I'm off to Australia for some backpacking/bushwalking R&R,
leaving 5 Dec. I was hoping to be in the Blue Mts west
of Sydney, but they're suffering from the worst drought
in 104yrs and from bushfires. All the parks/bush
is closed because the Park Service has figured out
that the fires which spread in circles from the side
of highways were no-one can park are started by hikers
in the valleys below. (An alternate theory that the
fires are started by cigarette butts thrown out of
car windows has been discounted by the Park Service).
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do instead,
but I'll have 5 weeks to figure it out.

I'm leaving you in the good hands of all the other
people on the mailing list (I won't be e-mailable).

(I did this same trip last year, and didn't announce
my departure. Some people were puzzled as to my sudden
and unannounced absence from the list and wondered if
I'd left the project. I'll be back in Jan).

Happy Holidays

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,