Re: LVS-DR rr + wrr scheduler "lock up"

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-DR rr + wrr scheduler "lock up"
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:14:41 -0500
"David A. Sinck" wrote:

> Gah.  Then *why* is it documented as such?
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.arp_problem.html

there is an update for 2.4 kernels here.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.arp_problem.html#id2844980

I admit this is a long way down the page from where you first see the 2 NIC
solution and any reasonable person would miss it.
Apologies. I will put a link to it from the earlier info for
next month's HOWTO.

All I can say is that the HOWTO gets updated by adding new pieces.
Only occassionally does all the info get merged and rewritten.
Still I see that this vital piece of info is hard to find.

Some people (Ratz at least), and it appears Julian, say that the 2 NIC solution
won't work for 2.2 kernels. I got it to work for 2.2.13 and I still stand by
my results. I haven't checked it since way back then to see if I did something
wrong, so I may yet change my mind.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx