Re: lvsgsp and Piranha/LVS and seperate MRTG box

To: baitzph <baitzph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvsgsp and Piranha/LVS and seperate MRTG box
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:19:57 +0100
Hi Peter,

Hello Alexandre,

I downloaded your lvsgsp package from a link on linuxvirtualserver.org.
I read the INSTALL and it seems to indicate (indirectly) that lvsgsp
and mrtg both need to be running on the LVS box, no???

We have Piranha/LVS systems, and a SEPERATE MRTG server, and would
like to know, in that case, which system LVSGSP needs to run on???
(Or is that even possible?)

LVSGSP must be runing on the director since it get LVS connection parsing procfs. The simplest solution is to run MRTG and LVSGSP on the LVS box. But you can imagine a setup where MRTG run on a box and LVSGSP on the LVS box.

here is the description : http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2001-August/002917.html

Thanks
Peter
SA/JMU