LVS+Virtual Hosting

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS+Virtual Hosting
From: alex@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:31:39 -0800 (PST)
I have an issue that isn't LVS specific--but other load
balancers co-workers have worked with do host header
modifications and wasn't sure if this is something
foreign for LVS.

Situation is we have 4 distict sites, all being virtual
hosted and load balanced by a single VIP.
Namevirtualhosts in apache picks the right content
dependent on the host header.  This works great for
those distict sites and their corresponding domains.

Problem is that we now have 25 domains to point to
distict site 1 and 25 domains pointing to distinct site
2.  Right now the nameserver entries are www CNAME
www.domain.com for all of those domains.

ie.

distinct sites
www.a.com
www.b.com
www.c.com
www.d.com

I want
www.a1.com -> www.a.com
www.a2.com -> www.a.com
etc
www.b1.com -> www.b.com

I'd rather not fill my httpd conf with all these
domains.  I was either hoping that LVS can do some host
header modifications or I'll have to make 4 VIP and
each site have a distinct external ip.

Any ideas if it does?

Alex