RE: [newbie] Experimenting with LVS

Subject: RE: [newbie] Experimenting with LVS
From: Michael Jervis <michael.jervis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:43:53 -0000
> you could try setting up a single director and two realservers with the
> instructions in the mini-HOWTO

I have actualy been refering to the mini-HOWTO and the full HOWTO plus some
redhat docs.

It's almost working, but not quite.

With my current set up, it's always returning the page from Machine 2. Machine
1 never manged to serve a page. When I kill Apache on Machine 2, then hit the
URL I get connection refused when running a telnet port 80 test from the LAN.

So, the only problem I currently have is the total lack of response from the
localnode. Doing telnet 192.168.0.1 80 from Machine 1 (i.e. to the
non-responding http server) WORKS fine, I can fetch pages etc.

Where should I be looking for why it's not working? Does LVS make any logs
anywhere? I've not seen any sign of them...

Mike