Update: Null Connection in Service Monitoring

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Update: Null Connection in Service Monitoring
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 03:47:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi Joe and all,

I use a test-smtp.sh script as follows to test the
appropriate existence of smtp port 25 and that it is
active on the real servers.  (If I do not give any
service monitoring script then LVS uses "ipvsadm" to
do basic tests of ports.)   My script is giving "Null
Connection" errors which show up the server messages
log upon disconnect (ie. disconnect is not playing
nice and closing the connection smoothly I suppose).
Any ideas on how to fix this simple script to close
down the connection appropriately???  See below....

The mail.log error looks like:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mar  9 06:46:28 emailserver sendmail[3343]: NOQUEUE:
[184.186.108.18] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN
during connection to MTA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My test.sh script looks like
root@lvs ha]# cat test_smtp.sh
#!/bin/sh

TEST=`printf "quit\n" | telnet $1 25 2>/dev/null |grep
-i "connected"|wc -l` > /dev/null 2>&1

if [ $TEST -eq 1 ]; then
        echo "OK"
else