Re: LVS director under high load

Subject: Re: LVS director under high load
From: John Reuning <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Apr 2003 21:33:21 -0500
I'm glad someone asked about lvs-nat performance.  I've read the
performance tests and documentation.  One test from 2000 or 2001 showed
lvs-nat topping out at about 4000 connections per second; however, I'm
more concerned with bandwidth.  How much outbound data traffic can an
lvs-nat director with dual e1000 adapters handle?  Provided sufficient
network equipment, file server performance, and real server performance,
is 400-500 Mbps sustained, with peaks of 700-900 Mbps unreasonable?

Thanks,

-John R.