Layer-2 blancing (aka funny routing/blancing required part2)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Layer-2 blancing (aka funny routing/blancing required part2)
From: Konrads.Smelkovs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:20:52 +0300
Right, here is the revised idea:

A and B both exchange with data -  making connections to each other, so
there is no classic client side / server side

                          ___ +----+ ___
                         /    | BR |    \
                        /     +----+     \
                       /      +----+      \
A(lice)------------LB-A------ | BR | ------LB-B------------B(ob)
                       \      +----+      /
                        \     +----+     /
                         \___ | BR | ___/
                              +----+

The BR - are bridges. When A connects to B (or other way arround),then
this connection should go trough one BR. The next connection should be
loadbalanced via lc to the next one (next NIC) and so on. This connection
tracking (done via conntrack i persume) should happen on both sides.
So :
a) Will this involve ethernet bridging (can the same logical bridge be
done via multiple different interfaces?) or will it be possible to 'route'
packets.
b) Does conntrack mark the orginating interface of the conntrac'able
session?

This all is a big mess in my head that is compressed by time... This is
for transparent IDS or similar devices. Any help/ideas/toughts (even mad)
are greatly appreciated. Really. I'll post a solution once i solve it.
Also i'll be using most likeley 2.5 kernels, so the new feats are there

--
Yay! I've got a flying machine! (UNIX)