Re: help!

Subject: Re: help!
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:37:44 +0900
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:26:28PM -0700, sbulut77@xxxxxxxxx . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a simple configuration work:
>
> I have redhat linux 8.0 on all my servers. Here are my configurations:
>
> Local Director: (kernel-2.4.18-27.8.0,ipvsadm-1.21-4)
> ipvsadm -A -t 6x.1x.1x.101:80 -s rr
> ipvsadm -a -t 6x.1x.1x.101:80 -r 192.168.0.2:80 -w 10 -m
> ip 192.168.0.1
> ip 6x.1x.1x.101
> /etc/sysctl.conf
> ----------------------------
> net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
> kernel.sysrq = 0
> kernel.core_uses_pid = 1
> -----------------------------
>
> Real Server: (kernel-2.4.18-27.8.0)
> apache is bound to 192.168.0.2:80 (tcp connection tested from Local
> Director)
> ip: 192.168.0.2
> gw: 192.168.0.1
>
> Client (Windows 2000)
> ip: 6x.1x.1x.103
>
> It is not working. I am tcpdumping port 80 on real-server. It doesn't
> send the ack package back to the client. However when i initiate a
> connection from local director, it does send the ack package back.

Sounds like it could be a routing problem on the real server.
I notice that you are using -m (IPVS-NAT). The real servers
need to route packets to clients via the Linux Director.
Usually this means that the Linux Director needs
to be the default gateway for the Real Servers and
that clients need to be on the other side of the
Linux Director, that is, not on the local network.

If you need Clients on the local network to be able to
access the virtual service there are lots of games
that can be played. I would suggest looking at
using LVS-DR if you need this.

--
Horms