Re: Does iptables support port trigger ?

Subject: Re: Does iptables support port trigger ?
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:36:19 +0200
Hello,

   I've searched the archives of the port trigger
and iptables , I found some pages that discussed
this issue last year , and it seems the answer of my question is "NO" , so I wonder if I can get any
update of my question on this list ?

Hmm, could you please point me to that discussion? I found the following which actually says it could work:

http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2002-October/006834.html

   Besides , I knew the autofw function of ipvsadm
can meet my requirement , but it is for kernel 2.2,
can I use ipvsadm on kernel 2.4 ?

Maybe you're mixing up some things, maybe I do not understand the true nature of your question. autofw was a feature which could be used together with ipmasqadm to do kind of a broken auto port forward. Yes, you can use ipvsadm with 2.4.x kernel, check out the software part of the LVS homepage. The autofw hack is to my knowledge not available for iptables, but I might be wrong, as I do not track all the POM developments of netfilter. If there is a POM patch which mimics the same behavior as autofw did, you could be lucky with fwmarking packets and then load balance the fwmark pools.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc