Re: Port problems

Subject: Re: Port problems
From: "Glyn Humphreys" <glynh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:21:17 +0100
The two LVS machines are connected to two REAL Servers using tunneling.

Only one real server is located on the local subnet, the other is located
some
3,000 miles away.

All is well, and the LVS system functions perfectly, but there must be a
port
clash somewhere as intermittently a user is unable to connect. Which user
is never the same and it seems to be related to the port allocation.

However, when I can replicate the problem, tcpdump from the LVS machines
doesn't even show a connection being made / refused, so its difficult to
actually
track down where the problem is.

No firewalls are running on the LVS machines, although there are strict
access
firewalls on the real servers.

Glyn.