Re: Local Director

Subject: Re: Local Director
From: mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:59:33 +1000
Quoting Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 01:38:58PM +1000, mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > We have a spare Cisco Local Director - Is it possible (Or adviseable?) to
> > utilise this in place of the LinuxDirector?
>
> Obviosly a lot of this people on this list are biased towards LVS.
> I am one of these people. Thus I would say that it should certainly
> be possible to use the Cisco Local Director in place of a Linux
> Director. But unless there is a particular feature that you
> need from the Cisco - in which case please tell us what it is -

Only Cost ;) - We would have to purchase an additional server(s) for the
LinuxDirector task.

Another question: Has anyone succesfully rolled-out a cluster of real-servers
using coda? (Main reason would be for the replication of config files
(Apache/qmail) across all real-servers) - Is this doable? Or am I better of
using rsync?

All real-servers (currently) are in production - So I would prefer not having
to modify the FS - But if it is a more scalable solution?

Regards,
MB

This e-mail was sent via Data FX Online WebMail http://www.datafx.com.au/