[no subject]

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: ¸ß¾ü <gaojunaaa@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:1:24 +0800
Hello lvssu-sre!

       I use redhat linux 7.3,and upgraded the kernel to 2.4.20.Then I
downloaded "ktcpvs-0.0.14.tar.gz" from the official site.After unpacked it, I
successfully compiled it with command "make".But when I do "make install", the
following mistakes happened:

rmmod ktcpvs
rmmod: module ktcpvs is not loaded
make: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
insmod ktcpvs.o
ktcpvs.o: unresolved symbol tcp_sync_mss
ktcpvs.o: unresolved symbol tcp_write_xmit
ktcpvs.o: unresolved symbol tcp_openreq_cachep
ktcpvs.o: unresolved symbol tcp_v4_lookup_listener
ktcpvs.o: unresolved symbol tcp_cwnd_application_limited
make: *** [install] Error 1

       Someone has already met this problem before,as I read the maillist.So I
do sth as Ph.D wensong guided:
put the new linux kernel source in the right directory:/usr/src/linux
boot the machine with new kernel.

       But The problem still appeared.
       I find sth strange:  In the file /proc/ksyms,function "tcp_sync_mss" can
not be found,but It appeared in it when I boot the machine with the original
kernel.So I wonder whether there is sth wrong when I upgrade the kernel. I just
do it like this:
       #cd /usr/src
       #tar xzvf linux-2.4.20.tar.gz
       #ln -s linux-2.4.20 linux
       #cd linux
       #make menuconfig(do some config work)
       #make make dep
       #make bzImage
       #make modules
       #make modules_install
       #cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20
       #cp System.map /boot/System.map-2.4.20
       modify the loader

       Can someone give me some suggestions why I can not find function
"tcp_sync_mss" which cause the ultimate problem.

       regards

       gaojunaaa@xxxxxxxx