Re: 2 Problems with LVS

To: lvserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2 Problems with LVS
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:03:32 +0200
Hello Marco,

i have now installed an LVS Cluster with 2 Nodes and Masquerading. It
works fine. Now, i woud like install the Cluster with IP-tunneling, but it
doenst work.
My Configuration:

  Router (192.168.234.200)

   ---------------------
   :  Linux Director   :   eth0 192.168.234.10 (VIP: 192.168.234.90)
   :  with 2 Cards     :   eth1 10.0.0.1 -> for Cluster Net
   ---------------------

   ---------------------
   :  Node 1            :   eth0 10.0.0.2
   ---------------------

When I have installed IP-tunneling, then Node 1 is not responding to the
other Net (192.168.234.x)

How does your routing for node 1 look like? Do you see packets incoming on the ip tunnel interface on node 1 and do you see packets leaving node 1? I'd like to see a tcpdump output of one request from the 192.168.234.x net to the VIP.

Questions:
1) Who can I install IP-tunneling with this Configuration

According to the howto ;).

2) Who can I do, when Node 1 is going down, the LVS-Director routes always
Querys to this Node, but it is down.

You need to either get or write software that performce periodic healthchecks of the RS and handles the takeout/setup logic. The LVS code only handles the forwarding based on the schedulers you've chosen to set your service up.

Thanks for help
(and sorry for bad englisch :-))

Don't apologise for your English. This list has a considerable amount of non-native English speakers who post here regularly; most of which are not proficient in English, including myself.

Es sei Dir hiermit nochmals verziehen! :)

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc