Re: LVS on cd ?

Subject: Re: LVS on cd ?
From: Mikkel Kruse Johnsen <mkj.its@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:27:07 +0200
Hi

I been using my own version of FloppyFW for awhile, with the LVS patch in the kernel and the keepalived and other packages on a cdrom.

When the FloppyFW boots it installes the applications (keepalived, openssl, ipvsadm, etc) onto the system in RAM. So no harddisks is reqired and I can quickly change conf files on the floppy, only have to burn a new CDROM when a new version of the applications comes out. (Updating the kernel is on the floppy as well)

The new FloppyFW uses uClibc and a root_image is on the uclibc homepage, you just "chroot" to the image and gcc, automake, autoconf, etc. is all there so it's easy to add new applications.

/Mikkel

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 11:07, Sébastien Bonnet wrote:
> Yes, Malcolm did it, even announced it here:

Malcolm did build a small distrib, whereas Matthias was asking about a
system running on a CD. The former does require an HD (read Malcolm's
comment about the required space) and the later shouldn't need one.

> > Do you want to be the first?
> It's not possible anymore :)

Might still be :)
--