RE: Configuring a "static" assignment on the loadbalancer

Subject: RE: Configuring a "static" assignment on the loadbalancer
From: Matthias Krauss <MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:38:53 +0200
you could use marks like
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s developer ip -d reals server ip
-j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  ! developer ip -d reals server
ip  -j MARK --set-mark 2
then add the marks to lvs and have mark 1 only adding to the particular back
end
ipvsadm -A -f 1 ...
ipvsadm -a -f 1 ...

or even easier is to change the hosts file on your developer host ...

Matthias