windows 2000 real server's

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: windows 2000 real server's
From: AdamMH@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:56:59 -0400
Hello,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me with some lvs/ipvs configuration issues
regarding
Windows' Real Server's and LVS-Tunneling. I've read through the FAQ and
searched through the
archived message groups quite a bit, and have seen more than a few posts
stating it is in
fact possible, however i've yet to accomplish the scenario myself. I have been
able to
configure lvs using Direct Routing, however, when I configure the Microsoft
Loopback
Adapter on the Windows Real Server. The problem is that I would like to do the
same, but
tunnel the connection instead for a machine not on the same network (In another
datacenter). I have been able to achieve this configuration when all Server's
in question
are Linux-based, however when Windows is thrown into the equation things start
to get
messy. I saw a FAQ post regarding setting up some Window's Routing Rule's and
have done so
as follows:
 - Created a new General IP Routing Tunnel (Interface) and set it's local and
remote
   addresses' to the VIP and Director IP, respectively. I also configurd the
Microsoft
   Loopback Adapter to use the VIP, and set it's subnet mask to 255.0.0.0 as was
   recommended.
As previously states, thing's work fine when using Direct Routing, however as
soon as I
attempt to use IP Tunneling things start to fall apart. I was thinking this
setup might
perhaps require some additional ip tunnel rules? I wrote a few rules's to do
some
masquerading and such, but I just can't manage to get it working. I've been at
it for a few
days now and the sleep deprivation is I think finally beginning to catch up
with me. :)
I would be extremely grateful if anyone could provide any assistance in regards
to this. :)

Best Regards,
Adam Hammouda