removing fallback servers with quiescent=yes

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: removing fallback servers with quiescent=yes
From: "Joseph Kacmarcik" <lvs-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:34:45 -0700 (PDT)
hello list!

we've been using lvs for some time with great success. we've recently
upgraded the software and we're using the quiescent feature. this works
out nicely in that servers weights are dropped to zero and reset to their
original weight automagically when they're available again. we also use
the fallback feature with a standard maintenance page.

the combination of these two features creates a small problem. when the
fallback server is added to any of the virtual services, it's weight is
one, and users see our maintenance page. however, when the real server(s)
return, the fallback server's weight is reduced to zero but some users
still get the fallback server. our persistence is set to 60, but i'm
fairly certain this isn't the issue since our fallback server sporadically
gets requests until i manually remove the fallback server from the virtual
service (for any number of days).

is it possible to have the fallback server automatically removed when at
least one of the real servers' weight is reset to it's original weight? i
haven't tested using quiescent=yes for real servers and quiescent=no for
the fallback, and i don't know if that's even a possibility.

thoughts and opinions appreciated.

good day!
joe