Re: connection between MySQL and Apache LVS-NAT

Subject: Re: connection between MySQL and Apache LVS-NAT
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:19:00 +0200
Hello,

But its taking ages (sevral minutes)...Is it just due to the fact that
it resolving the name of the service (looking in the
/etc/services?)???

No, it's trying to resolve the 192.168.* addresses. If you're interested, you could do the following:

ltrace -c -e gethostbyname ipvsadm -L

In my script I use the name of the service and not the port
ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.2.1:www ....etc

Here you add a service and a service information must be sent to the kernel in numbers and not string litterals. The only string you've passed via your command was "www" and thus this is the only part of the service that needs a lookup. And as you've correctly stated it does it by opening /etc/services and reading the appropriate information.

Hope this makes it clear. Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc