Re: wrong source ip address for packets from real servers

Subject: Re: wrong source ip address for packets from real servers
From: Olivier Kaloudoff <kalou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:36:42 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Joseph Mack wrote:

>Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:
>>
>>         In my LAN, I have a NAT enabled Netgear router,
>> IP: 192.168.0.64 .
>>
>>         One DR-LVS Director, with default gw= 192.168.0.64,
>> working perfectly.
>>
>>         Three real servers, with default gw= 192.168.0.64,
>> sending their IP packets with source IP=VIP (192.168.0.69) ...
>> I don't understand why .
>
>all your IPs are on the same network. Have you handled the one-network
>LVS-NAT problems first?
>
>http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network

I'm not sure I need LVS-NAT . What I did is setup LVS-DR, so that
the requests don't pass through the load balancer, but directly to
the router.

Isn't this problem just a little problem with the real server IP
layer, is there a way to tell them to use the correct source IP ?

I don't understand why they choose to send the VIP as their
source IP ...