Supose there are no real servers...

Subject: Supose there are no real servers...
From: "Joao Clemente" <jpcl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:52:23 +0100
What should be the behaviour?
If we think of a simple cenario where there is a only a single realserver,
the lvs can be tought as a router.
If it was a router, and there was no machine to route to (because it was
down) I think a client would receive a "icmp no destination found" or
similar.
I've testes with my lvs-dr setup and the client stalls trying to connect...
I think the above behaviour would make more sense...
Well, just wanted to do the question, feel free to find it a bug, a feature,
or simply kick my butt if what I'm saying is nonsense.. (altough in that
case I would like to understand why it is nonsense)

Joao Clemente

---