Re: Using LVS for servers on same subnet with real servers listening on

Subject: Re: Using LVS for servers on same subnet with real servers listening on different ports
From: Alan Knipmeyer <aknipmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Oct 2003 18:02:39 +1000
Hiya,

Thanks for the link. I gave it a try, and done a test with telnet to
start with, in this case re-writing port 2300 to port 23. I tested lvs
with port 23 first on a different address to make sure the RIP was
working.

When I done this with the fw mark method, packets arrive, but end up in
a SYN_RCVD mode.

When dumping packets, the same packet is being retransmitted from the
VIP on the real server, but never reaching the host which launched the
connection. Is this because the tcp handshake is broken at the LVS
server ?

Any advice gratefully received ! I can't believe I`m the only person
thats tried to do this :)

Re,

Al.

--
aknipmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Systems Architect
Level 5/388 Lonsdale Street,Melbourne,Victoria, 3000