Re: Building ipvs kernel-2.4.21

Subject: Re: Building ipvs kernel-2.4.21
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:58:58 +0900
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:53:04AM +0000, dark assassin wrote:
> i have built (standard) kernel 2.4.21 after doing the patches that it asked
> me to do in the README (for ipvs) ive had no problems the kernel compiles
> and runs perfectly(though dose not yet seem to be able to find internet
> connection) and my main problem is when i do the "make install" on ipvs
> (root/ipvs) it gives me a lot of errors about undeclared ident's but im not
> sure how to fix this, anyway. Thank you for your time, any help would be
> great!

Usually this means that either you have stale modules in the modules
directory - try removing them all and then dong make modules_install
in the kernel tree again.

Either that or may be trying to run make modules_install in the
lvs tree while running a version of the kernel that is different
to what you are compiling against.

In either case, if the errors are for modules that
you are not planning to use then you can just ignore them.

--
Horms