Re: LVS-DR question

Subject: Re: LVS-DR question
Cc: mtawafig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "mike" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:28:45 -0500
hi

Florian Rommel, thanks for your suggestion .

I looked at your suggestion and I already have persistance set on each
realserver but the following paragraphs might explain part of the problem :

Because of the way proxies can work ( clients accessing web using proxy ), a
client can come from one IP for one connection (eg port 80) and from another
IP for the next connection (eg port 443) and will appear to be two different
clients( ips ). Usually these two connections will come from the same /24
netmask. You can set the netmask for persistence to /24 and all clients from
the same class C network will be sent to the same realserver.

  Wensong
  If you want to build a persistent web service but some proxy farms are
non-persistent at client side, then you can use the persistent granularity
so that clients can be grouped, for example you use 255.255.255.0 mask, the
clients from the same /24 network will go to the same server.

  e.g  ipvsadm -A -f 1 -s wlc -p 333 -M 255.255.255.0
                                                         -------------------
--

So I need to add   persistence granularity to my setup " using persistence
granularity " . e.g :

I am using ldirectord with the following setup

virtual=192.100.100.57:80
        #fallback=127.0.0.1:80
        real=192.100.100.231:80 gate
        real=192.100.100.153:80 gate
        #real=192.100.100.223:80 gate
        service=http
        request="lvsasp.asp"
        receive="LVSOK"

         netmask=255.255.255.0
        scheduler=lc
        persistent=1800
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate

I will reply with  test results on load .

Thanks