Re: How LVS detect a overloaded server?

Subject: Re: How LVS detect a overloaded server?
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:06:05 +0900
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:30:08PM -0300, Diego Woitasen (Lanux) wrote:
> ok, i saw that IP_VS_DEST_F_OVERLOAD is set and unset by the core LVS,
> but i can't find where the thresholds are set. As can i see, this
> thresholds are always set to Zero in userpace.
>
> Is this right?

No.

In the kernel the threshoulds are set by code in ip_vs_ctl.c
(I guess, as that is where all other configuration from user-space
is handled). If you get the version of ipvsadm that comes with
LVS source that supports IP_VS_DEST_F_OVERLOAD then
it has command line options to set the thresholds.

--
Horms