Ldirectord and real server checking

Subject: Ldirectord and real server checking
From: Philip Hayward <Philip.Hayward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:13:45 -0000
Hi,

I've got a ultramonkey on RH8 (latest RPMs) setup running with 2 directors
and 8 apache/tomcat webservers. Its working great and has been a good
replacement to a flakey old Intel balancer. Thanks to all involved!

I want to improve the checks ldirector makes but have run into a problem
with the requests it makes.

The config shown below (specifics changed to protect the guilty):

virtual=v-app1.my.net:61080
        real=w1.my.net:61080 masq 1 "http://w1-app1.my.net:61080/dyn/";
"test"
        real=w2.my.net.tv:61080 masq 1 "http://w2-app1.my.net:61080/dyn/";
"test"
        service=http
        scheduler=wlc
        checktype=negotiate

Produces the following in the apache logs:

10.1.1.10 - - [27/Nov/2003:12:07:07 +0000] "GET
/http://w1-app1.my.net:61080/dyn/ HTTP/1.1" 404 242 "-" "libwww-perl/5
.65"

Ldirector's man page says:
"If the request string starts with http://... the IPâaddress of the real
server is overridden, otherwise the IPâaddress of the real server is used."

So I think that it should use "http://w1-app1.my.net:61080/dyn/"; as the full
url but it actually appears to be using
"http://<serversIP>:61080/http://w1-app1.my.net/dyn/";

Because of the app being tested we need the right ports and host headers in
the request. Can anyone see an error in my config?

Thanks,

Phil