RE: Can LVS work with 64-bits box?

Subject: RE: Can LVS work with 64-bits box?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:05:57 -0800
> operators. Just let us know if you experience flakyness on
> your director ;).

Flakiness like my ex-gf? ...

> > And if I use LVS-DR, how can I patch the hidden to 64-bits
> linux,which
> > kernel is 2.4.18?
>
> You take the hidden patch for that kernel which I don't know if it is
> still available. The closest you can get to 2.4.18 is:
>
>http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/hidden-2.4.19pre5-1.diff

No, the correct one is http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/hidden-2.4.5-1.diff for
straight 2.4.18.  Haha, for once I get to say I am right and Ratz is wrong.
Now only 50 more instances and we will be even. ;-)

> I hope you are aware of the fact that 2.4.18 is really buggy in many
> ways. I know that some 64bit archs have been lagging behind in the 2.4.x
> tree but if I was you I would upgrade to a newer kernel.

Since he said 2.4.18 I would suspect he's running Debian.  If you want a
Debian kernel with LVS+hidden use Ultramonkey's kernel :
http://www.ultramonkey.org/.

Cheers,

Peter M.