Error msg: Could not connect to JRun server

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Error msg: Could not connect to JRun server
From: "Mark Trefney" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:22:36 -0600
Hello,

Whenever a client tries to connect via a web browser to our VIP, they get
the error, "Could not connect to JRun server." I'm running LVS on a RedHat
Enterprise ES 3 server with a 2.4.21-4.EL kernel with two NICs running
LVS-NAT. The realservers are the latest stable version of Apache. I've set
everything up with Ultramonkey's prescribed installation.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Below is what's in the LVS machine's ldirectord.cf file.

# Global Directives
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
#fallback=127.0.0.1:80
autoreload=no
logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
logfile="local0"
#quiescent=yes

# Virtual Server for HTTP
virtual=192.168.16.202:80
        real=192.168.15.166:80 masq
        real=192.168.15.226:80 masq
        real=192.168.15.227:80 masq
#        fallback = 127.0.0.1:80
        service=http
        request="index.html"
        receive="MIRUS"
        scheduler=lc
#        persistent=90000
        protocol=tcp
          checktype=negotiate

Below is the listing from ipvsadm.

[root@lvsweb1 root]# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  192.168.16.202:http lc
  -> tomcat2.mirus-its.com:http   Masq    1      0          0
  -> tomcat1.mirus-its.com:http   Masq    1      0          0
  -> mark.mirus-its.com:http      Masq    1      0          0

And below is from iptable's NAT list.

[root@lvsweb1 root]# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  192.168.16.0/24      anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level
warning

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)