RE: Ldirectord and real server checking

Subject: RE: Ldirectord and real server checking
From: Philip Hayward <Philip.Hayward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:33:13 -0000
Hi Horms,

I followed your suggestion and dropped the latest versions of ldirectord
from CVS into /usr/sbin on an existing test ultramonkey (RH8
2.4.20-20.8.um.1) in the office. I tried 1.74, 1.62.2.12 and 1.62.2.11.

I added some weights to some existing virtual groups, restarted ldirectord,
and nothing happened. Basically it seems to be ignoring weights. I didn't
have that problem on 1.62.2.11 on our production system so I'm not really
sure what's happening. No errors were logged and nothing looked odd when run
in debug.

Ldirectord.cf:

virtual=10.1.1.83:0
        real=stg-web1:0 masq 1
        real=stg-web2:0 masq 3
        service=http
        scheduler=wlc
        request="TestServlet?size=512"
        receive="successfully"
        checkport=8080
        checktype=negotiate
        persistent=500

virtual=10.1.1.61:0
        real=stg-web1:0 masq 3
        real=stg-web2:0 masq 1
        service=http
        scheduler=wlc
        request="TestServlet?size=512"
        receive="successfully"
        checkport=8080
        checktype=negotiate
        persistent=500

TCP  10.1.1.61:0 wlc persistent 500
  -> stg-web2:0    Masq    1      0          0
  -> stg-web1:0    Masq    1      0          1
TCP  10.1.1.83:0 wlc persistent 500
  -> stg-web2:0    Masq    1      0          0
  -> stg-web1:0    Masq    1      0          0

I'm afraid I'm not really up to speed with Perl and so can't really see
whats going on. If anyone has any ideas they would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil