Dropping sessions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dropping sessions
From: "Salah J." <salahjalal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:38:52 -0800 (PST)
We are running ldirectord wlc mode persistent 1800
with 4 similar apache real servers.  We've been
receiving complains from customers saying sometimes
that their sessions were timedout. I tried simulating
the problem. During my testing, my http requests were
severed by on of the real servers and i was seeing the
requests in the access_log. After about 15 minutes
browsing a shopping card of one of our customers, all
of sudden my browser timedout. During the timeout, my
HTTP requests did not reach the real webserver. I
checked the load balancer and the active connections
were around 20 connections for all 4 servers. On
average, active connections are 300. I run netstat -i
and the output was:-

Iface   MTU Met   RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR   TX-OK
TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg
eth0   1500   0488803974      0      0      0858406697
     0      0      0 BMRU
eth1   1500   0890907123      0      0      0514353823
     0      0      0 BMRU

RX-OVR is 858406697 for eth0 which is VIP and
514353823 for the interface to the real servers
network.

The ipvs sysctl param are as follows:-
drop_packet 0
amemthresh 1024
sync_threshold 3
cat drop_entry 0
drop_packet 0
secure_tcp 0
amemthresh 1024
am_droprate 10

Any advise on why ldirector behaving like this.

Regards,