Re: ldirectord consuming memory

Subject: Re: ldirectord consuming memory
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:15:37 +0900
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:40:22AM +0100, peter wrote:

> >>What version of ldirectord/perl are you running?  Horms posted something
> >>about a perl memory leak ~6 months ago that affected Ldirectord.  234 megs
> >>is ridiculous!  Schedule a restart of ldirectord.
> >

> >Yes, that definately looks like a memory leak.
> >Please take a look at the URL below, and make sure you have
> >all the patches and are using perlio.
> >
> >http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2002-November/007237.html
> >

> I guess that new versions of ldirectord are ok...!?
> version of ldirector we use:
> ldirectord,v 1.62.2.11 2003/09/24 06:22:05
>
> Version of perl: 5.6.1
> System: Debian Woody 3.0r1
> Kernel: 2.4.23

There is more to it than that. You have to make sure that the
SSLeay perl module has also been patched - I think that change
went into Debian but I am not sure if it was in time for Woody.
You should be ok on the perlio front, as perl in Woody should
have it and thus ldirecord should be using it.

--
Horms