Q: Howto setup director (NAt) and client correct for local connections

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Q: Howto setup director (NAt) and client correct for local connections
From: Marcus Lachmanez <marcus.lachmanez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:21:24 +0100
Hello,

I face currently the problematic that I can not access a service from another
realserver.
The complete setup consist of a NAT setup based on ipvs 1.0.2 ( ok it's old I
know ;-) )
I have one director and 6 realservers. Accessing a resource from outside is
possible.
Outside mean I can use for instance ssh through my loadbalancer.

                        |- realserver1
client <--> loadbalancer|
                        |- realserver2

But it is not possible to access a resource from realserver1 through the loadbalancer back either to realserver1 or realserver2

                             |- realserver1
relaserver1 <--> loadbalancer|
                             |- realserver2

So is this kind of loop possible? What is the correct way to setup or is it a feature ipvs 1.0.2 does not offer?

Thanks
MArcus