Re: VRRP Setup

Subject: Re: VRRP Setup
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:47:57 -0500
Bubba Parker wrote:

> I'm trying to get VRRP setup between two boxes, and I'm having trouble
> getting it setup.
.
.
> Can someone
> please give me an example config for both boxes that would accomplish
> this? I would very much appreciate it!

There's instructions at

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.failover.html#keepalived_vrrpd
and

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.failover.html#vrrpd_setup

there are example keepalived.conf files in ./samples

There are two HOWTOs on setting up keepalived that helped me setup vrrpd.

There are man pages that come with vrrpd explaining the syntax of the parameters
for the .conf file.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx