Re: Question on LVS-NAT with multiple subnets

Subject: Re: Question on LVS-NAT with multiple subnets
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:26:50 -0500
randy hoffman wrote:

> yep I do this with lvs and with cisco css units

I haven't got it.

If I was going to route packets from the RIP:port (running the LVS service)
I would do something like

realserver:# route from RIP:port to 0/0 via DIP

(or whatever the syntax is)

> >>you don't HAVE to have the nat set as the default gw you can avoid it if
> >>you wish buy setting up

are you running these commands on the realserver or the director?
Are my comments right.

> >>echo 80 lvs >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables

table lvs has numerical value 80 (or maybe priority, forget which)

> >>ip route add default <lvs gw address> table lvs

I assume this is the gateway for the director?

> >>ip rule add from <RIP address as known by lvs> table lvs

packets from the RIP go to the director's go to table lvs, which
has an entry for a default gw.

I can't make sense of these whether these are run on the director
or the realserver. What's going on?

> >>this says any traffic from the address the lvs woudl send to goes back
> >>that way

Any packet from the VIP will go what way?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx