RE: question about the DH scheduler in LVS

To: <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: question about the DH scheduler in LVS
From: "Nielsen, Steve" <SNielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:25:12 -0400
Wensong,

I got your name from the .c file with your DH algorithm. Hope you don't mind if
I ask you a question. :)

I am trying to implement a non-transparent squid cluster using LVS.  I want to
avoid caching content more than once on the set of squid servers. Is there an
LVS scheduling algorithm that can load balance to the proper squid machine so
content does not get cached more than once (bascially url based hashing)? I
looked into your DH module and I don't think it will work for non-transparent
squid setups. What are your recommendations for scheudling this type of setup?

Thanks,
Steve