Re: Performance

Subject: Re: Performance
From: Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:12:48 -0400
I'm using a pair of IBM x345 with 4GB RAM and 2.66Ghz SMP for my LVS
directors.  I am using LVS-NAT in order to do port translation and was
concerned initially about poor LVS-NAT performance.

I'm happy to report that LVS-NAT is NOT the bottleneck in my
environment.  The surprise for me has been the somewhat poor performance
of Oracle9i/AS on my real servers, despite the beefy x445 hardware used
there.

Suffice it to say I have MANY visitors and LVS-NAT has thankfully moved
toward the bottom of my list of worries.