Re: How to tell if my director is handling the load

Subject: Re: How to tell if my director is handling the load
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:12:21 -0400
Randy Paries wrote:

> The question I have at this point is how to I tell if my director is
> handling the load.

if it isn't handling the load the latency for requests will go up.
You could have a test client on the same network as the VIP fetch
a test page every now and again and monitor the retrieval times.

If the load gets higher than that, you could look for packet drops
on the NIC which has the VIP

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx