IPVS & KTCPVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IPVS & KTCPVS
From: Sebastien BRIZE <sebastien.brize@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:45:06 +0200
Hi,

I'm looking, like many people, for a nice kerneled L7 switch,
and LVS seems to be not so far from this goal...

My idea is :
KTCPVS uses schedulers :
tcp_vs_chttp_schedule(struct tcp_vs_conn *conn, struct tcp_vs_service *svc)
which seem to be very near of the IPVS schedulers :
ip_vs_wrr_schedule(struct ip_vs_service *svc, struct iphdr *iph)

But KTCPVS doesn't seem to spoof packets with the client source IP,
unlike IPVS (am I wrong ?...).

My question is : would it be hard to make the KTCPVS schedulers
match the IPVS scheduler's structure and integrate them in the IPVS code ?

/"LVS takes the decision at the first packet arrived (SYN/-, no data).
When the packet containing data arrives it is too late to take a load-balancing decision." is from :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=100136373311795&w=2
/Is that assertion still true ? It would close that discussion right here.

Sebastien