RE: Scheduling algorithms problems

Subject: RE: Scheduling algorithms problems
From: "Florian DUVAL" <florian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 01:22:55 +0200
This is the second problem : "even though the realserver is now in the
ipvsadm table, it is not being sent any packets?"

Bye
Florian

Florian DUVAL wrote:

> I tried several Scheduling Algorithms : rr, lc, sed, nq
> And each forward requests to the first in the list... And never forward to
> others :( both with RR which is a very basic algo !! When RS3 (in this
> example) goes down, all is forwarded to the next (RS2) , and still
forwarded
> to this (RS2) both if RS3 goes up (and refreshed by keepalived)

Is the problem that the restored realserver is not put into the ipvsadm
list,
in which case the failover software is not working. Or is the problem
that even though the realserver is now in the ipvsadm table, it is not
being sent any packets?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov