Re: how does wlc work ?

Subject: Re: how does wlc work ?
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:05:34 +0100
Ryan,

Its the other way around, higher weight equals higher number of connections.

Ryan Leathers wrote:
I thought I understood how wlc was supposed to work but what Im
observing surprises me.

TCP  172.16.241.37:http wlc
  -> test3.example.com:http    Masq    2      1          2
  -> test2.example.com:http    Masq    2      1          0
  -> test1.example.com:http    Masq    3      2          0

In this LVS-NAT example note that the weight associated with realserver
test1 is 3 and for the other servers it is 2.  I understood the lower
value to have affinity, but this test indicates that the higher value
wins.  Is this right - or is there something else wrong somewhere?

--

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Limited