Re: How to change the names on Load Balancers

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to change the names on Load Balancers
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: linux-ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: James Bromberger <jbromberger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:54:56 +0100

Sure, no worries.

BTW, we're really impressed with the takeover time without new setup of ultramonkey + LVS compared to Piranha, especially with ipvs_syncmaster and ipvs_syncbackup. We're running under 2.6 kernel, and having ldirectord running all the time with heartbeat only taking service IP addresses up and down (NAT mode) so external service and internal router address move, we can fail across with connections held in state in less than half a second. Its really, really impressive. Well done to all involved.

  James Bromberger