Re: prevent rwhod broadcast on external interface

Subject: Re: prevent rwhod broadcast on external interface
From: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:51:23 +0200
Horms wrote:

If I use iptables to prevent these broadcasts to go out on eth1, then rwhod is unhappy and creates another syslog entry every 3 minutes:

rwhod[4124]: sendto(xxx.255): Operation not permitted

Strange. Perhaps using a DROP rather than a REJECT might help.

I use DROP.

You could fix rwhod so you can control where it sends its packets out.

I think I will just do that.

Recently, I fixed Apache httpd 2.0 too, for my special purposes (It would write access log entries no longer in temporal order, unpatched, contrary to httpd 1.3.x)

Alois