Pulse Restarts

Subject: Pulse Restarts
From: rkhamilton <rkhamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:39:52 -0400
I have a question regarding what happens when you need to add a new VIP and/or migrate a real server from one VIP to another.

Currently running RedHat AS V2.1 w/ piranha packaged with this release.

Initial configuration:

1 VIP using NAT
2 real web servers

New configuration:

2 VIP's using NAT
2 real web servers in each VIP (using vhosts so only 2 physical web server boxes).

I was able to set it all up but noticed that the newly configured VIP and real servers didn't show up in the monitor until I restarted the pulse service.

1) Is this correct behavior? I was expecting to see the new VIP and real servers added dynamically. 2) What happens to existing connections/sessions when pulse is restarted? I suspect they are lost.

Thanks!

-Rob