Re: How to use lvs when upload traffic is high?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to use lvs when upload traffic is high?
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:31:45 -0700
Monty Ree wanted us to know:

>lvs works weel when most servers which mostly download traffic.
>ButHow to use lvs when upload traffic is high?
>All upload traffic would be client->LVS-DR->real server,
>so if the upload traffic is over 100M,I guess some problem occurs...
>What should do I when upload traffic is so high like this?

You don't have much choice but to upgrade to GigE netowrking equipment.
You can mess with channel bonding, but that's just an extra layer of
complexity that makes things more difficult.  I'm curious to see what
others suggest though.
--
Regards...              Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin