Re: Partial Real Server disabling

Subject: Re: Partial Real Server disabling
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:56:47 +0200
Hello,

  I want to disable a RealServer partially. Main idea is to disable a
Real Server via ipvsadm, but i can't loose established connections to
this RealServer. Something like.. I want to disable it, but yet want
it to finish pending requests. While processing pending requests,
director can't create new connections to this RS. When it finish this
pending requests, it won't belong to cluster any more. Is it possible?

Yes, absolutely. You definitely want to know about the quiescing option in LVS. Instead of removing the RS you set its weight to 0 et voila.

Also note, that the director does not create connections, she forwards them.

Happy hacking,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc