I've just (finally!) released the next version of feedbackd, 0.4.0.
Feedbackd is a client/server system that provides dynamic feedback of server
load in a Linux Virtual Server (LVS)-based cluster. Monitor plugins are used
to measure the health of each server, allowing a flexible way to report load
back to the load balancer. It also facilitates the addition and removal of
servers from the cluster.
The latest release is based around the following changes:
* Updated to use the new libipvs interface (version 1.24)
* The master process will now manage virtual services on the director, manual
addition is no longer necessary
* Compilation of each plugin can be disabled (useful to work around libperl
linking problems where the perl module is not required)
* Now endian and 64-bit safe (tested on ppc64 arch)
* Build process no longer uses automake and libtool - distribution size has
been reduced dramatically
* Code cleanup, minor bugfixes
The feedbackd system has a website up at:
Or to download the source directly:
As always: comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome.