Modularized ldirectord

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Modularized ldirectord
From: "Randy \"PerlStalker\" Smith" <perlstalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:38:56 -0600
Hi all,

I use ldirectord with heartbeat to provide load balancing and failover for mail email cluster searving about 12000 accounts. It works very well and I'm greatful for all the work put in to it.

I preperation for creating a few custom checks, I've modified ldirectord to use a modular system for checks. This should make it very easy to add new checks for various services. You can find my package at http://www.perlstalker.amigo.net/courier/Cluster/ldirectord/ldirectord-plugins-0.2.tar.gz.

I based my changes on revision 1.90 of ldirectord from CVS. This package contains all of the checks that are available in that version. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Thank you.

--
Randy Smith
http://perlstalker.amigo.net/