Re: Question about ktcpvs

Subject: Re: Question about ktcpvs
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:00:24 +0200
Hi,

I read in the site ,  that ktcpvs "It implements application-level load
balancing inside the Linux kernel, so called Layer-7 switching".

Yes.

May I use this feature to balance a TCP connection , looking inside the TCP
packet and take decision to switch depending on  regular expressions?

You may but I don't think the code is ready for those games yet. You would need to code it yourself if I remember the status of the current code correctly.

I saw that this was made for http connections, but what about for
proprietary tcp-protocols ?

I suggest you either use tc and u32 filters or the new 2.6.9 (when it will be released) kernel with dynamic u32 filters.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc